The Egbert Family

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Celebrating the best year of our lives.

First, a little about my night.
I really do love where I live,
On my way home tonight from the store I almost crashed into a deer... twice.
(a different deer 2 different times in less than a minute) 
This is a normal occurrence here,
I guess thats why our city is called Ek Ridge.


Anyways, back to the star of the show.
Say hello to the Birthday Boy!
We had his birthday party last saturday at our place.
We chose a race car theme, perfect for Sam since his favorite toys are cars.
 I went a little pintrest crazy while picking out the food for the party. Above you will see:
Spinach Dip Mini French Bread Bowls
Nutella Swirl Cupcakes
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Not seen (Ham and Cheese Sliders)
All homemade (for all who know me will gasp in disbelief)

 I made a Chocolate Cake with Mint Chocolate chip frosting for his Birthday Cake!
 (all homemade... down to the peppermint essence and chopped dark chocolate bits)
GASP!
 He enjoyed every last bit of his piece.
 This morning was Sam's actual birthday so I made him 
BIRTHDAY WAFFLES!
 They are just what you think they are.... okay maybe not.
They are normal waffles 
(My Aunt Christa likes to use cake mix instead of waffle batter) 
Topped with a scoop of ice cream and whatever toppings you prefer. 
I chose whipped cream, a cherry and hot fudge.

 I think Sammy liked his birthday waffle ;)
And we couldn't keep the kitties away.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SAMUEL KEVIN!
:)



1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful pictures Krystina! Happy belated Birthday little Sam. You are right Stina. I can't believe that you made all that from scratch! What has gotten into you? Motherhood? Just teasing. You are amazing and I've always thought so! Keep up the great work and keep on praying for better sleep. Love you,
    Aunt Christa

    ReplyDelete