The Egbert Family

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Kevin's Desert Race 4/9/11


Yesterday Kevin got the brilliant idea to race in the 
Desert Race...

Yes.
It has been snowing all weekend.
No.
Kevin did not back out.


Our TOTALLY AWESOME AND SUPPORTIVE NEIGHBORS ;)
Kelly and Jen
came out with him, along with our brother Trent.

Here I am. Clean, warm, and dry... for the next 10 min at least.

Notice all the snow on the ground and how this was a dirt bike race. 
Not a snowmobile race.

Mentally preparing before the Race...
After. 
(3 hours later)
Notice the missing front fender?!
Yeah, 
Kevin raced a grueling 50 miles 
and crashed a few times, 
and luckily got out of it with no major injuries.

With the mix of sand/snow/missing fenders Kevin's goggles rendered them useless the last half of the race.
So he rode without them on.

Thanks to photoshop you are unable to see the 
nasty/sandy snot 
that was pouring out of his nose.
I am such a proud wife!




I know all of you are rushing to judgement of Kevin and I as parents. 


Asking yourself questions like...

 "Did they really drag their 2 month old to a race in the freezing temperature all day?!"


and the answer is..
NO! 

Sam and I attended the Bridal Shower of my lovely friend/employee... 
Krystle W.
 Come check out her awesome blog! via
Krystle is aka Harley 


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment