My friend Lyssa has a cute car seat cover that I had been eyeing for months. When I went to buy one for Sam, I found out they sell for 40 bucks a pop! Really? For two pieces of fabric sewn together?!
I didn't even think twice about walking away and driving to JoAnn's to pick out my own fabric.
Kevin and I received a nice sewing machine for our wedding that I never opened until I took on this project. This seemed like a safe first project to test it out, right?
I know I have a son, but I refuse to stick to the blue boy patterns for EVERYTHING!!!
I have decided that even if I pick out girly patterns, as long as the colors are gender neutral, it would be OK.
Here is cover number one. I sewed the entire cover inside out first, and hen had to rip out the seams and sew it right side out. This took a lot longer than I expected, I had Sam before i could sew the straps on!
And it's reversible!
I already have the fabric for the second one that I will hopefully make before I go back to work.
All the fabric came out to less than 40 bucks for 2 covers and another yard of fabric for a nursing cover! So worth the money :)
No comments:
Post a Comment